Welcome to My Blog...

where I will promote the karat gold and sterling silver genuine gem stone jewelry that I lovingly design and fashion as well as muse over the daily doings of my American family struggling to keep our heads above water in 2010.

Sunday, November 22, 2009

Thankful for What?

I have 4 grown children of my own, 2 grown stepchildren (hate that step part), 5 grandchildren with many more to come (God willing) as the 5 only represents 3 out of 6 kids....and I am so very thankful for each and every one of them.
I come from a family of "scholars" that took school and education very seriously. It is in my blood to write as a form of expression - and public speaking isn't far behind.  At the Thanksgiving dinner table it is hard to judge the mood of my family in advance (depending on how harried I am feeling, how many of my dear family arrive late, whether young Troy wins or loses his 1st varsity football game etc, etc) but if I am still in todays mood I feel that I need to address what each of them mean to me. We've had many blessings mixed in with significant hits reflecting todays economy and I feel the need to keep a positive perspective on what family means in 2009 going forward.

Of course, my own children know about our culture of "speeches" before grace and dinner, but with the growing family and newcomers it is often amusing to see the quizzical looks on faces, or panic as they hear their names mentioned in welcome or appreciation...but this is what we do. And, this is what I will do on Thursday - Thanksgiving Day, 2009. I will give thanks to the Lord of all first, but also to my family so that they know how important they are to me (us), how pivotal a part they play in my (our) world, and understand what is expected of them as they grow to become the very best persons that they can be.

No one can ever be too loved, or thanked too much, or encouraged beyond need.

This is what I give back to the world...in the form of my family and acknowledgement of all of the special blessings that have been bestown upon me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's have an Open Conversation...

What can I do to help you today?
What can I learn from You today?

If you are an online seller you know that the competition is really tough. I design and craft jewelry for all occasions - so what makes me stand out in the crowd?
Is it my one of a kind designs?
Is it my quality metals, gemstones and attention to detail?
Is it my Brand? Pictures? Creativity?

I strive every day to try something new, to incorporate fresh ideas, to inspire new sales, to reach more of you.

Let's share together...Let's see where this goes!