Welcome to My Blog...

where I will promote the karat gold and sterling silver genuine gem stone jewelry that I lovingly design and fashion as well as muse over the daily doings of my American family struggling to keep our heads above water in 2010.

Monday, December 7, 2009

New website for janaes jewels with SoopSee

Well, I'm the eternal optimist plugging along trying to make some money on my Bee-yoo-ti-full jewelry and yesterday spent some time catching up on reading the blogs I follow when I read about an opportunity to launch a new website that will carry my domain but use my pics and listings from Etsy. I saw this posted on http://www.divine3designs.blogspot.com/ blog, and she said that it is simple to use...and it sure is.  It is still in Beta form, so the Intro rate is really inexpensive...or you can also get a scaled down version for free.

Well I jumped on it because...for those of you who read any of what I write, listing on the various websites that I have shops on is WORK. The beauty of the SoopSee site is that I can register my own domain but still import the pictures, descriptons and pricing that I have already established in Etsy. I can then use my Etsy shop shopping cart through Paypal for payment.  In addition, I can import my blog and twitter account to my new site, get google analytics  and also track my Etsy "heart" activity.  So - the 2 are somewhat tied together but with the distinction of http://www.janaesjewels.com/ vs. http://www.janaesjewels.etsy.com/.

I will probably now cancel my eBay ProStore (http://www.janaesjewelsandjems.com/) that is just not user friendly and has had little or no traffic since I reopened it a few months ago. I do much better on my regular eBay site with my premium store than I do in the ProStore...

So we'll see how it works out. You might want to see for yourself if it is worth it.  Take a peek at http://www.soopsee.com/  to see if there is any benefit for you.

And me...well I'm just as hopeful as can be...

Til tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's have an Open Conversation...

What can I do to help you today?
What can I learn from You today?

If you are an online seller you know that the competition is really tough. I design and craft jewelry for all occasions - so what makes me stand out in the crowd?
Is it my one of a kind designs?
Is it my quality metals, gemstones and attention to detail?
Is it my Brand? Pictures? Creativity?

I strive every day to try something new, to incorporate fresh ideas, to inspire new sales, to reach more of you.

Let's share together...Let's see where this goes!