Welcome to My Blog...

where I will promote the karat gold and sterling silver genuine gem stone jewelry that I lovingly design and fashion as well as muse over the daily doings of my American family struggling to keep our heads above water in 2010.

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Janaes Jewels...Who Am I?

You probably wouldn't guess, but I am a Project Manager by trade.  Oh, an UNemployed Project Manager that is.  I was an early victim of our economy fall out early in the fray back in February of 2008. I worked in data and telecom for Strategic Products and Services in New Jersey>Netversant New England in Boston, MA>Avaya in Braintree, MA>Expanets in Braintree, MA>Lucent Technologies in Providence RI>AT&T General Business Systems in Boston, MA>AT&T Communication>Middleboro, Taunton and Wareham, MA.
From 1986 - 2008 I was a mover and shaker for AT&T and did what I called the AT&T Shuffle.  In other words, I did the jobs I needed to do where they needed to be done and at whatever time they needed to be done.  Originally my motive was for the promise of a pension and benefits.  But as you can see from my "spin" as the mother company AT&T went public and started to split...and split...and split... I ended up far from home, traveling way too much and working more than a double 40 hour work week.

Lost my pension...worked harder to make up for it

Companies bought and sold...worked harder to make up for it

Industry went BUST...still working harder TRYING to make up for it

What has this to do with anything?  Well, after years of working all of my faculties to the bone I have been trying to make my "passion" be my bread maker.  You see, jewelry making was a relaxing way for me to unwind in an anonymous hotel room after a grueling day with my clients...
My sister Kate and I started with "Kates Kreative", she being the beader and me the business woman and stone setter. Kate has the passion I do, but not the drive, so eventually we parted ways and I became the one woman show that I am today.  I do understand the difference between us...Kate gives up easily and I am too thick headed to give up! So, I'm still here, for the duration and I'm counting on all of you, dear readers, to help me stay here.

I am thrilled with the crossover of bloggers from Misty Ridge Designs to me here whilst trying to win the donated Pink Tourmaline Ring I sponsored to Misty Ridge. Heather's Misty Ridge's button is here on my blog.  Jump on over and check out the give away's requirements and take a chance.  That's what life is all about - right?

Besides, the holidays are coming and this is a really pretty ring that any female in your life would appreciate - especially if that particular female has an October Birthday (like me...10/18 ).
So, this is a small piece of who I was to make me who I am today...

Peace...OUT

2 comments:

  1. Just wanted to let you know that I just entered to win your lovely ring @ Misty Ridge Designs blog!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Janae, I also entered to win your stunning ring! It's gorgeous ♥

    ReplyDelete

Let's have an Open Conversation...

What can I do to help you today?
What can I learn from You today?

If you are an online seller you know that the competition is really tough. I design and craft jewelry for all occasions - so what makes me stand out in the crowd?
Is it my one of a kind designs?
Is it my quality metals, gemstones and attention to detail?
Is it my Brand? Pictures? Creativity?

I strive every day to try something new, to incorporate fresh ideas, to inspire new sales, to reach more of you.

Let's share together...Let's see where this goes!