Welcome to My Blog...

where I will promote the karat gold and sterling silver genuine gem stone jewelry that I lovingly design and fashion as well as muse over the daily doings of my American family struggling to keep our heads above water in 2010.

Friday, October 2, 2009

Uh-Oh... Did I Miss October First?

See what happens when one has Tantrums? Only kidding.  I've been a bit fractured this week trying all sorts of new things like Entrecard (See the 1st sponsored ad to your right).  If you click it, it will help to increase my online exposure - and then I might be able to reach some folks other than my FIVE faithful friends from Etsy!
I have much to learn - but then I have much to share as well.
I make one of a kind jewelry, I bead, I twist wire, I work in precious metals.  I also set stones! Now that is really difficult to do well.  Any idea how many precious and semi-precious gemstones I've fractured? Like Emeralds, Rubies, Kyanite, Opals...
Some gems are almost indestructable...I've learned to "play" with them on difficult projects.
I'm self taught, but this coming Monday I am going to have a real lesson and I'm pretty excited.  It should make life easier for me because I really love making rings and don't see myself quitting anytime soon...
Tonite I set a pretty 6mm faceted Phrenite in Sterling Silver - a really pretty color of smoky green and eye clean! It is a trillion stone (triangle shaped) which in a round setting looks like a heart.
Yesterday I set a 11x8mm pear shaped Tangerine Garnet also in Sterling Silver. The Garnet is bright Orange and a little over 2 CTW. You can see it in my Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=31938745

Also a 12mm round Solitaire Blue Sapphire Ring. This is quite large and weighs in at just over 5 CTW. The setting is Sterling Silver as well.  Have you seen the price of Gold and Platinum this week?  Over $1k per ounce.  It's crazy.  If you want to look at my ring though...here goes:
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=31939926

That's all for now.  I'm still listing Vintage linens on eBay for any of you that might be interested.  If you scroll to the bottom you'll see my eBay listings on my Plumdrop showcase.

Til tomorrow...
Peace out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's have an Open Conversation...

What can I do to help you today?
What can I learn from You today?

If you are an online seller you know that the competition is really tough. I design and craft jewelry for all occasions - so what makes me stand out in the crowd?
Is it my one of a kind designs?
Is it my quality metals, gemstones and attention to detail?
Is it my Brand? Pictures? Creativity?

I strive every day to try something new, to incorporate fresh ideas, to inspire new sales, to reach more of you.

Let's share together...Let's see where this goes!